Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

kids will be kids

Today being one of the days that I do not have any children I decided to stop and get me a quick lunch on the way home from running errands. While standing in line I noticed a woman and her five kids walk in. Yes, five kids! Well, I noticed that this mother had a bad attitude from the minute she walked in. One of the younger girls needed to go to the bathroom and she was so awful to her. She acted like it was this huge thing that her poor kid had to go to the bathroom and made her feel bad about it. Then turned to one of her other kids and said ‘she’s getting on my freakin’ nerves today!’ and then proceeded to rant about her other son watching the tortillas being made and how she just wanted to smack him for walking off.

You could see that people were uncomfortable with that was going on, but what do you do in situations like that? I felt really really bad for those kids. If she was like that in public, what is she like at home?

I won’t sit here and tell you that I have never been annoyed with my kids in public. I am sure that I have sounded like that at times, but I can tell you right now that I will make darn sure that I don’t ever treat my kids like that again. It was just horrible! And all I could think of was do I sound like that when I am frustrated? Do people think I am the crazy lady getting annoyed over nothing?

It is my boys job to piss me off and make me love them all at the same time. Even in the middle of HEB. And yes, my kids will at some point annoy me to the point I want to scream, I just need to take a deep breath and remember that they are only this small once and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment