Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

easy one pan skillet lasagna

Good Morning!

I know it has been almost a month since I last posted. I really am a horrible blogger sometimes *sigh*, but I am hoping to change that starting today!

Lately I have been on the hunt for yummy new recipes that everyone will love. I know a great place to do this is Pinterest, so naturally that is where I am doing most of my hunting. There are tons of recipes that look delicious, but I am not sure if they would be appetizing to the boys or my meat-and-potatoes-kind-of-guy husband. I am all about whipping up something yummy, but I have really enjoyed one-pan meals and meals that can cook in the crock pot all day while I run errands or work around the house.

One of the ones that I found was a one-pan skillet lasagna from No. 2 Pencil. There were things about the recipe that I didn't like and a few things that I didn't have on hand or wanted to change, so I wanted to change it. This recipe is so easy and you can modify this recipe to what you have on hand or add different seasoning. It has tons of possibilities! Here is my modified version...



1 lb ground lean ground beef
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
26 oz box of Pomi chopped tomatoes
8 oz can tomato sauce
1.5 cups chicken stock
18 oz pkg (or 2- 9 oz ) Buitoni fresh four cheese ravioli
8 oz mozzerella chesse, grated
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Fresh parsley
Cumin
Italian seasoning

Add small amount of oil to non-stick pan and sautee onions and garlic until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and cook. Breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon while cooking. Once meat is cooked add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken stock, cumin and italian seasoning. 


Mix together and add ravioli. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Sauce should have thickened and ravioli should be tender. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment