Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

I Absolutely LOVE Rainy Days

Happy Saturday Lovelies! 

Hope that you had a fantastic week and that you are enjoying your extended holiday weekend.

This week I worked so hard to make my pool super pretty for this weekend. Happily Mother Nature had other plans. We are supposed to get rain all weekend long. And I couldn't be more excited! We desperately need it. In a really bad way. So the more rain the merrier. Plus, as much as I like laying out in the pool, I love sitting on the porch and listening to the rain even more!

Bring on the rain clouds!!!


The most entertaining part was realizing that Miss Molly had never seen the rain. And talk about excited! She ran around the entire yard trying to catch the rain. 


What I love even more than the rainy weather is the fact that I can make rainy day soups! 

Here is one of m super fave rainy day recipes...


Ingredients:
4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
16 ounces chicken stock
3 tsp flour
2 cups of milk (I used 2%)
1 cup heavy cream
Salt & Pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes, optional

Garnish:
Colby jack cheese
Green onion
Bacon 

Directions:
1. Heat your chicken stock in a medium saucepan over high heat.
2. Peel, wash and cut up your potatoes. Add to chicken stock, cover and cook until fall apart tender.
3. While the potatoes are cooking whisk together your flour and milk.
4. Once the potatoes are falling apart and looking kind of mushy add the milk/flour mixture and the heavy cream. With a potato masher mash the potatoes until you get a chunky soup consistancy.
5. Add the heavy cream, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Put on low heat and let thicken.
6. Serve garnished with cheese, green onion and bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment