Back in the day when the boys were a little younger, okay more like last summer, we always designated Friday nights as pizza and a movie night. We let the boys pick a movie and we would all pile up on the couch and just hang out as a family. It was great! I loved our Friday nights! I miss our Friday nights. I think they are going to make a come back really soon.
When we were poor I would always make home made pizza, but then it just got easier to order Dominos (and less messy too!). But then I started to miss making home homemade pizza with the boys.
Does it make a HUGE mess? Yes, of course it does. But it can be cleaned.
Do they always eat the ingredients before they make it onto the actual pizzas? Duh! What kid wouldn't?
But it always so much fun to gather in the kitchen and pick out what they want on their own pizzas. I mean look at these happy faces...
Now our big thing has been cooking outside. With the weather so nice these past few weeks it makes it really hard to not want to cook outside. Then on Pinterest one day I saw that people were grilling pizza.
Ya, I know. I thought they were crazy too.
After seeing several pics of people grilling pizza and doing some more reading into it I thought I would give it a shot. worst thing that could happen is I completely screw it up and we eat takeout that night.
2 boxes Jiffy pizza crust or you can make your own using the recipe below
Pizza Toppings of Your Choice:
Pepperoni Ground Beef
Mix and match with whatever you like!
1. Start by making your crust. Either out of a box or from scratch. While your crust is rising, preheat your grill.
2. Once your dough has risen, form a ball and cut in half.
3. On a piece of wax paper brush on some olive oil.
4. With each half roll out a crust on the oiled wax paper. You don't want to go to thin or it will not work on the grill.
5. Gather all of your toppings so they will be easily accessible.
6. Once you are ready to grill your pizza flip your crust over so that the wax paper is facing up. The wax paper will will pull right off.
7. Let the crust cook with the lid open for 6-8 minutes (mine was on medium)
8. Once cooked flip over and start applying your sauce then toppings.
9. Close lid and let cook another 5 minutes.
10. Remove from grill, let cool and enjoy!