Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

|| t h i r t y ||


Today is my last day in my twenties. Just typing it makes it seem more real than before. Just like that I am no longer a twenty-something, I am a woman in my thirties.

When I used to think about this day I was horrified. 

I absolutely dreaded it!

Deep down I thought that I had not accomplished enough while in my twenties. But when I sat and thought about it I had accomplished a TON!

I married the man of my dreams. 
Bought a house. 
Gave birth to not only one but TWO wonderful boys. 
We started a business. 
Started doing photography. 
Went back to school. 

Just to name a few... 

Now that I have gotten over being depressed about the whole thing tomorrow also marks 8 months since my dad has been gone. It seems surreal that it has been that long. I know that tomorrow morning I am going to wake up and wait for his call, the one he made every year, at the exact time of my birth. He was just awesome like that. It makes me incredibly sad to think that I will be celebrating this milestone in my life without him. Then I remember that my daddy is in heaven, no longer in pain and loving every minute of it.

I am ready to face this next year ahead with confidence and joy for the things I have been blessed with. I am going to smile more. Eat better. Workout more often (ya right!). Drink less. Continue to love on those sweet, precious boys of mine. Go on more dates with my husband. Live more intentionally. Spend more time with God. Clean my house more. Meet new friends. Go outside my comfort zone every now and then.

Okay 30. Lets do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment