Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My version of Steak Tampiquena

The past few times we have gone out to eat Michael has gotten the Steak Tampiquena. I wanted to make it for him at home and didn't even know where to start. So this is what I came up with...

(My Version of) Steak Tampiquena



Ingrediants:

2 sirloin
Jalapenos
Roma Tomatoes
Red Onion
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Cast Iron Skillet
Vegetable Oil

Start by seasoning the sirloin with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside and let the seasoning marinade with the meat. Thinly slice about 4 jalapenos, you can remove seeds if you would like to cut down on the heat. Then dice 2 to 4 roma tomatoes, they reduce down to pretty much nothing so I would go with more. Then I sliced a small red onion. In my cast iron skillet I heat up a few tablespoons of vegetable and add my red onion because they take the longest to cook. Once they have cooked for a few minutes I add my jalepenos and let them cook a few minutes then add my sirloin. I leave it to cook on one side for about 3 minutes and then flip it and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Once the meat is almost done I add my tomatoes and turn the heat down and let it finish cooking together while the tomatoes reduce down. Once the tomatoes have reduced down I transfer to a plate and pour the veggie mix on top and searve with warm flour tortillas. Yummy!



And the meal would not be complete without a fresh batch of Sweet Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment