Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Looking at a new camera

I am looking at the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi 12.2-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera with Lens. It has a pretty hefty price tag on it though.... $699.99 at Best Buy. It comes with: a battery pack and charger, USB interface and video cables, wide strap and eyecup, EOS digital solution disk and of course the owner's manual.

Here are all the features:

12.2-megapixel CMOS sensorWith built-in RGB color filter captures high-resolution images up to 4272 x 2848 for images with exceptional clarity and tonal range.

Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lensFor incredible picture detail. EF lens mount for use with more than 60 Canon EF and EF-S interchangeable lenses (other lenses not included).


3" color Live View TFT-LCD monitorAdjustable brightness for viewing in bright sunshine. Penta-mirror viewfinder with adjustable diopter control for precise shooting.

DIGIC III image processorFor precise, natural color and accurate white balance in various lighting conditions. Sophisticated signal-processing algorithms for fast image capture and processing.

14-bit A/D converterFor incredibly smooth transitions from light to dark colors without banding.

Integrated self-cleaning sensorLow-pass filter automatically utilizes ultrasonic vibrations to remove dust from the sensor assembly ensuring the cleanest image possible.

Picture style settingsInclude standard, landscape, portrait, neutral, faithful and monochrome to maximize camera settings and minimize post-processing of images.

35-zone TTL full-aperture metering exposure controlsWith auto, manual, program (full auto, portrait, landscape, close-up, sports, night portrait, flash-off), shutter- and aperture-priority, depth-of-field AE and E-TTL II auto flash.

9-point autofocusWith auto and manual point selection. Modes include one-shot, AI servo and AI focus. Live mode reads the sharpness of subjects right from the imaging sensor for sharper, more detailed pictures.

Continuous shooting speed3.5 fps with a maximum burst of 53 frames to let you get the best high-speed action shots.

White balance optionsInclude auto, daylight, shade, cloudy, tungsten light, white fluorescent light, flash and manual for natural tones in different lighting conditions.

Media slotSupports Secure Digital and Secure Digital High Capacity media (media not included

Playback modesInclude single image, 9-image index, magnified zoom, auto play and auto play after shooting.

USB 2.0 interface and A/V outputsEasy Print/Share button for fast transfer or printing. Direct-print support with any PictBridge-enabled printer to print photos without a PC.

Auto power offTurns the camera off after a selectable period of inactivity up to 15 minutes, conserving battery power.

I have only looked online so I am not sure what it actually looks like. But from what I can tell it is really purdy. I am going to try to talk dear sweet hubby into going and looking at it today. The only problem is that he told me if I wanted it I had to find a way to come up with the money for it. So this weekend I am having me a garage sale! I love going to garage sales... but I really HATE having them. Getting ready for them is a big pain and I just hate sitting out there all day and then having to keep up with the kids. Just thinking about it is making me twitchy. But I am going to do whatever it takes to get me that camera. I thought about looking on Ebay but if I am going to spend that kind of money on a camera, I am getting a brand new one.
If you know of other Canon's that are good that are around the same price I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment