Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

a faithful work

Today I was reading my husbands devotional and by the end I was happy that I did.


Mankind, he has told you what is good and what it is the LORD requires of you: to act justly, to love faithfulness, and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:8)


The part that stuck out the most to me was to love faithfulness. But I was not quite sure what it really meant to love faithfulness.

What I learned is that it means that you are true to what you believe in. That you don’t say one thing in Sunday School or church, and then do something completely different once the ‘church folk’ aren’t around. Instead you are full of faith- you trust God and obey him.

Am I the only one that struggles with this? Am I the only one who sometimes finds it hard to find the balance?

I really want to start being true to what I believe in. More than I am now. I want my boys to see me act the same on Saturday night as they do on Sunday morning. I don’t want them to think that it is okay to go out and act a fool then go to church the next morning and pretend like you don’t ever do things like that. What kind of message does that send?

I pray that God works in my life and shows guides me through my days. I also pray that I will have the strength to do what I know is right and not be influenced into doing something that I know is wrong. And that I can be a good influence on others.

journey

No comments:

Post a Comment