Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tipsy Tuesday

This week I wanted to start off on the right foot so naturally that meant with a yummy cocktail recipe!

Lately I have been trying to stay away from beer because all it seems to do is make me a little more fluffy around the mid-section than I would like. I mean really. Why can they not make a beer that taste great with fewer carbs and calories? Because I will tell you that 'healthier beer' is not making the cut! 

So instead of being sad that I am not drinking beer I decided to raid the liquor cabinet and get to working on some new drinks to enjoy.

First up is one of my favorites. I have had it any times while out and there is this one place that makes the absolute best! It is Charleston's in Edmond if you are ever in the area and looking for some great food and an amazing drink! And that amazing drink is the...

MEXICAN MARTINI

Now, I am sure that there are a million ways to make these, but I was sure to ask the bartender at the restaurant what was in his and wrote it down on my napkin of all things. I have now put my own spin on it because I did not have all of the ingredients but I think that it came out just as delicious.


You will need:

3 oz Tequila  (I use Patron or Pura Vida for just about everything)
1.5 oz Cointreau or Triple Sec
1.5 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
A splash of olive brine
Lime wedges and olives

Take your martini glass and salt the rim. Then add all of your ingredients to a shaker with a few cubes of ice and give it a few shakes. Strain into your glass and garnish with some olives and a lime wedge.

There you go! That is it. So simple to make and wonderful to drink with some great Mexican food or while you watch The Gourmet Detective on the Hallmark Channel like I do : D

No comments:

Post a Comment