Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Yummy Spicy Shrimp Cocktail

Last nite was my special dinner that I had been planning for over a week. It went really well and I was really pleased with my cooking. My husband and I both agree that the winner for the nite was my Shrim Cocktail with homemade cocktail sauce! It was so yummy! I am thinking about going and buying more shrimp just so we can have more. It is so easy to make too!



Here is my Spicy Cocktail Sauce recipe:



1/3 cup Ketchup

2 tablespoons Prepared Horseradish (drained)

1 to 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed Lemon juice

a couple of dashes of hot sauce -I use Tabasco-

a pinch of sea salt and a dash of freshly ground black pepper



Mix ingrediants together in a small bowl. (You can make more if there is going to be more people...this recipe makes about 2 servings). And I get the shrimp that is de-vained and I just peel them. I then boil some water and I put in some creole seasoning and put the shrimp in until pink. I pull the shrimp out and put on ice to cool down and squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top. After the shrimp are cooled down I put some cocktail sauce in a martini glass and put the shrimp around the top and garnish with a wedge of lime! Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to copy this one down! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the recipe, I have tried to make cocktail sauce before and failed miserably!

    ReplyDelete