Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Looking Forward to Warmer Weather

When I took Jake to school this morning it was 28*, for me that is way to cold. I am a warm weather kind of person, maybe that’s why west Texas suits me. And I will be the first to admit, when it is 115* outside with no breeze and the electric bill is $200, I am begging for cooler weather… like in the 80’s with a nice breeze. But I know that Spring and Summer are right around the corner. Yay!


There is just something that is just wonderful. I don’t know if it is the smell of sunscreen or the cheap flip flops that I love more!? There is one thing I look forward to more than anything during the summer, and that is spending long days at the pool with my kids. We have a really nice pool, that for the most part stays un-crowded during most weekdays.

Pool

The little monsters back in July of 2009BoysPoolJuly2009

This picture was taken with my iPhoneJacobPool


With all this talk about warmer weather I have been thinking about my backyard. I need to get it cleaned up and start prepping it for this coming spring. I am so ashamed that I will not even show you a picture of it right now, just know that it is really, really bad. I want it to look like this again…

(For it to look like this I am going to have to water, a lot and keep my dog inside as much as possible… just till it’s green again.)DSC03463

I defiantly want something like this in my backyard… but not a Pottery Barn one, something from Wal-Mart or Target. I just need someplace I can go lay and tan.

img30l

No comments:

Post a Comment