Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Weekend wedding and a lesson learned

I am getting caught up after a busy week so bear with me while I post like a crazy woman... Last weekend was our friend Josh's wedding (June 6th). I know I was opposed to going for a long time, but I have to say that *clear throat* I overreacted! Man I can't believe that I just admitted that I was wrong. Friday night we had the rehearsal dinner to go to that was a family thing. The kids had a blast playing with other kids and I had fun talking to people that I had never met before. The kids were still going strong at 2 a.m. as I was about to pass out from exhaustion. Then Saturday was the wedding day. I had to make sure the house was clean for the sitter and get things ready for the kids that night on top of getting myself ready and making sure Michael was showered and ready to go on time. It was a chore for sure! I have to say Michael looked so handsome in his tux! The wedding was funny yet romantic, and the reception afterwards was one big party!! And his new wife is a wonderful person. I reconnected with old friends and met new people. Some people were nice, some were mean and then there were some I wish I didn't have to see at all, there were a few crazy times, some people did stupid things, and I didn't go to bed before 3a.m all weekend, but it was worth it. I have to say I hope that we get to see Josh and his new wife more than we have seen him in the past.


The weekend also made me realize that I need to quit rushing to conclusions on how I am going to like things and just learn to go with the flow sometimes and not be such a control freak. It always turns out good!

And the other plus, I got to buy new clothes! I had bought a dress for $90 at Dillard's and some shoes that were $25 and thought that I had spent way too much.... so the next day I went out looking again and found an even better dress on clearance at Ross for $8 and bought some shoes for $30 that just happened to be marked wrong. So I returned the others and wore my great find!


No comments:

Post a Comment