Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Scare of my Life!

Friday morning I had the scare of my life. My youngest son, Tyler, would not stay awake and was not acting like himself. I called the pediatrician and I took him in immediately. He still would not stay awake and was pretty much unresponsive. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital. After ruling everything else out they determined that his blood glucose levels were 46! In a child his age they should be somewhere between 100-200 mg/dL. So they were way below normal. At the hospital we got some orange juice in him and he perked back up. They decided they wanted to keep him overnight for observation to make sure it didn’t happen again. We were discharged the next afternoon and he seems to be doing great! We have to check a his glucose levels and take him in to get blood drawn, but so far so good. He will also get a bedtime snack and juice with some peanut butter crackers as we take Jacob to school.

This was a horrifying experience and it really puts things into perspective! God gave me these beautiful boys and I am going to change a bunch of things from what we eat to spending more time with my kids. Here are a few pictures of Tyler’s stay at the hospital…

Here we are in the ER waiting for a room. He got these sticker for being a good boy in x-ray…

TylerER

He ate up every bit of attention he got. Both Mommy and Daddy stayed with him 24/7, he was waited on hand and foot and he got to watch cartoons all day!

TylerHospitalA

Daddy super sleepy and not very comfortable.

DSC05367

A very sleepy mommy and Tyler.

DSC05369

Tyler and Daddy putting together a puzzle Courtney brought for him.

DSC05371

All he wanted to do was move that bed up and down, up and down… you get the idea.

DSC05370

I’m Free! No more IV’s and cords, were goin’ HOME!

DSC05377

Watchin’ Toy Story 2 and relaxin’.

DSC05378

No comments:

Post a Comment