Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

a lovely master bedroom

Inspiration boards seem to be my theme these days.

That's okay though.

My kids are gone during the day so I have no one to take pictures of and I have really enjoyed my new desire to decorate.

back to the board... I do plan on working on one room at a time so I don't overwhelm myself. I think that has been my downfall in the past. I try to do too much and then I want to scream and I quit. Not anymore. But it is still nice to see it all on the screen and what you want your end result to be.

So today I wanted to do one for my bedroom. My bedroom has been a work in progress for some time now. I have gone through so many ideas on what I wanted to do and how I wanted to do things. And just when I think I have it where I want, something changes.

I have searched the internet and read various blogs, but I could never find what I wanted. I knew the rest of my house was gonna have bright colors throughout so I wanted my bedroom to be calming and peaceful. Someplace I could retreat to when the boys are driving completely insane. Also, someplace a little girly since there is boy everywhere else.

(a) The bedding I bought at Target a while back. The picture does not do it justice. It is such a prettier color than you see. And for now I love it. But as you know that could change in the coming months :)

(b) I really would like to have a white or cream colored pillow to go on the bed. It doesn't have to be fluffy, just pretty.

(c) I already have the lamps. I got them on sale at Target a while back.

(d) I also already have the armoire and dresser that my in-laws gave me. The bed is the only thing that is getting replaced.

(e) The nightstands are my favorite part. I like the round ones as opposed to the square ones. It just adds something different to the room.

(f) I don't know why I love the rug, but I do. It's that little bit of girly I am looking for. Well that and the pretty flowers.


As for everything else... I have a vanity area and bathroom that will make match the rest of the room as well as find the perfect color of paint to grace my walls. Challenge accepted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment