Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fruit of My Labor

Firstly, I would like to show you my very first tomato from one of my tomato plants.


I wish I could tell you what kind of tomato it was, but when I bought the plant it was a surprise pot because none of them were labeled.


The tomatoes don’t seem to get any bigger than the one below. They kinda look like large grape tomatoes.


My other tomato plants include celebrity and yellow tomato!


One thing is for sure, next year I am going to start this gardening thing a whole lot earlier.


FirstTomato



I noticed the other day that I had all these little bugs on my plants and in my garden and racked my brain trying to figure out how to get rid of them.


I knew that I did not want to stray pesticides on my plants. I am doing the organic thing :)


I remembered that the last time I was at the garden center they had small containers of ladybugs. I did some research and they are a wonderful organic pest control. Did you know that one single adult ladybug can eat up to 50 pests a day! And that their wings are made out of the same stuff as our fingernails!


Ladybugsa


Ladybugsb



Jacob wanted to be out there with me while I released them.


And Michael took the pics for me and considering it was pitch black outside, I think he did a WONDERFUL job!


Thank ya Darlin’!


Ladybugsc


Ladybugsd


Ladybugse


Ladybugsf

No comments:

Post a Comment