Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Garden Tour

I have wanted to post about my garden for a while not, and my plants were finally ready for their debut.

I have been out in the yard everyday pulling grass and making sure my plants are doing well.

This heat has been killer!

I think it has already killed my squash :( So I have had to get creative and I pinned sheets to the fence to hang over the plants, that way they are not in the direct sunlight during the heat of the day. And in the evening I just pin them back so they are not in the way.

Next week I am going to see about making something to go over them that is a little more ‘garden official’ and then my kids can have their blankets back. {I am going to post a better picture soon!}

GardenShadeAB

See! I told you it looked funny! But, my plants are alive and that is all I care about :)

Someday I hope to have a garden that is at least as big as my backyard… Ahhhh! Those will be the days.

Anyhoo, let’s start the tour…

Here is my sweet leaf basil. I love using fresh basil when I cook!

BasilAB


Parsley and Cilantro. I have them on a pot since the leaves tend to burn easily.

HerbsAB


Chives… I don’t use them a whole lot, but I love having them for when I do need them.

ChivesAB


I love love love the way rosemary smells. And I use  it a lot when cooking!

RosemaryAB


Here are my poor carrots. I only have two. They did not come up like they were supposed to, so today I am planting some in a pot. We will see how they do.

CarrotsAB


I am so proud of my beans! They are doing so well. I can’t wait until they start producing!

BeansAB


I have to have jalapenos! They are a garden staple.

JalapenoAB


Unfortunately, my yellow heirloom tomatoes are blooming yet. I don’t know what to do…sigh…

YellowTomatoAB


I am not sure what these are, so we are going to call them the mystery tomatoes. I have already got to enjoy some of it’s tomatoes but it just leaves me wanting more..

Tomato1AB


And lastly {but not least} are my celebrity tomatoes. They are doing so much better not that I am shading them during the day. I can’t wait for my first ripe tomato!

Tomato2AB

No comments:

Post a Comment