Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

san antonio mini spring break: day one

This year we decided to take a little mini spring break with some friends of ours. There were the four of us and the five of them = a hell of a lot of people!

The crazy thing is it has been 10 years since the last time I did anything for spring break. That's how I know I am getting old. *sigh*

We started off pretty early on Friday. We left the house at 6:30 am! For me... that is SUPER early. Especially when I don't have to get kids to school. But I will tell you that I am so super glad that we left when we did. It was great to be up and at em before the rest of the travelers. 

Number one must have: STARBUCKS!

I diss it all the time, but West Texas is really beautiful in it's own way.


The first thing we did when we got to San Antonio was check into the hotel. We asked for rooms with an adjoining door so we could let the kids run from room to room, but nope! They gave us ones across the hall from each other. So it was quite crazy in the evenings with the kids running back and forth and back and forth again. Luckily no one seemed to mind. 

After we unloaded and put on our walking shoes we made the two block walk to Market Square. I had been craving La Margarita since I woke up and was so happy to be there!


It was beer thirty!


My sweet hubby... before he came down with the stomach bug. I know. It was horrible. This was the only meal he really got to eat the entire vacation. Poor thing got sick later Friday night, but he was a trooper the rest of the weekend. 


Jake with his guitar that Lance bought all the kids. 
(wanna buy a really really annoying toy... get them on of these!)


Later that evening we walked down to the River Walk. Which I still love going to even after being a million times. No matter how many times you go, there is still more to see. Plus, it is a prime place to people watch!


For dinner our first night we headed on down to Joe's Crab Shack for a sea food feast. I would not recommend letting all four kids get crab legs. You will spend all night cracking theirs while yours just gets cold :) but oh so worth it!


Tomorrow: day numero two of our mini spring break trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment