Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

san antonio mini spring break: day three

Are you all sick of hearing about my travels yet?

No! 

Good to hear! 

Today I get to tell you all about day three and in a separate post will be the last day :(

Sunday was one of the best days of our vacation. The weather was perfect. So perfect in fact that we didn't even need jackets to walk the 3 miles that we walked. Man I love Texas in the springtime!

We waited at lots and lots of crosswalks along the way...


I am not sure what building this is but I am in love with this photo! 

The Texas flag against the morning sky.... it is just beautiful!


Which way do we go?


I had to take a picture in front of the Alamo. 
We do it every time we are in San Antonio. It's kind of like tradition now. 


The Alamo all by itself.
They had re-enactments while we were there. They had a Mexican army, shot canons and had live music. It was really interesting.


For lunch we headed to the Rainforest Cafe...


Where I had a flashy pink drink


My boys being silly!


After lunch our friends headed back to the hotel to put their kiddos down for a nap, we on the other hand went to the wax museums.


This Dr. Phil is really creepy!


After the wax museums we walked back down to the river. 

Do you see a pattern? 

I LOVE THE RIVER WALK! 

Anyhoo, we found a little bar in a back corner called Crazy Sam's. I have to say it was the coolest bar I had been to in years! They played good music, had games for the kids and they served popcorn with their beer. And they had beer to go! I will definitely go back my next time in San Antonio.


That night we went to a place called Perry's Steakhouse for dinner. It was a little out of the way and SUPER fancy. Here we come walking in with five kids. I was a little scared I won't lie. 

This place was so fancy that there was a valet, and sitting there was a Bentley! I panicked just a little. We had a talk with the kids about behavior and sat down for dinner. Which was fantastic! 

So if you are ever in San Antonio you must try Perry's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment