Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas time is almost here!

I have to say that other than the fact that the Christmas tree is up, there are tons of presents to wrap and I’m broke… it does not feel like Christmas at all! Right now it is 66* outside and the high today is supposed to be in the 80’s. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am all about the warm weather and flip flops, but not for Christmas! Okay, let me clarify that… it is only okay to be this warm if you are spending Christmas at the beach! It’s even too warm around for a fire or sipping hot coco. And the worst part is, everywhere you look something is fire hazard since we have not had rain since September!

map_hitmpf_day1_3ussc_enus_600x405

Even with the warm weather I have been making it feel like Christmas throughout the house. I finally have my tree complete, now all I have to do is wrap presents and fill stockings.

And yes, my tree is a little is a little untraditional {and leans to the left a little for some reason} this year. Instead of going with the traditional red and green that defines Christmas, I went with something fun. I have turquoise, leopard and camo ornaments. I even made my own tree skirt this year out of fuzzy leopard material. And you can see in the background my horribly ugly window treatments that will be replaced with the ones I bought as soon as I get the curtain rods up.

Christmas Tree

Michael brought me home these horns yesterday from his hunting trip that I decided to use as decorations.

TreeSkirt

Mantle

The camo stockings that you see here in the picture were handmade by my friend, Abby and I. I had looked everywhere for camo stockings for the boys, but was unable to find some for a decent price. Being on a budget, I decided to buy some fabric and let Abby sew them. 

Stockings

And here is Michael redecorating the mantle for me last night!

MichaelDecorating

No comments:

Post a Comment