Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

On My Reading List…

Books

I am so glad to have 5 minutes to post. I have been home with two sick little boys today and life has just been chaotic! Cartoons are on and it’s eerily quiet around here right now. See… cartoons do cure everything :)

My good friend recommended the book The Power of the Praying Wife, so the other day when Family Christian was having a sale and I got to use a coupon. I absolutly love the book! I find myself reading it pretty much everyday. It has taught me how to pray for Michael in a completely different way and to pray for things I didn’t really think about.

She loaned me a book that I am reading through called She’s Gonna Blow! I find it comforting that I am not the only mommy that has mommy meltdowns. Apparently it happens quite often with people. Who knew right?

The two others that she loaned me I have not even had the chance to crack open are Bringing Up Boys and The Mom I Want to Be. They both look like really good books and I can’t wait to read them!

The last one that I got was Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be and I exchanged it yesterday to get Michael the Power of the Praying Husband. I flipped through it and decided that it was not for me. The first couple of chapters were really good, but then it got into things like don’t budget because it’s obsessive on your part and don’t worry about how much money is in your account just make more of it. I just did not find it helpful, well, at least the parts I read. I’m sure there are people out there that would really like to read it though.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment