Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

mini bagel pizzas

minipizza2

The other day I was brain storming trying to think of fun ideas for lunch. My boys definitely get tired of sandwiches. There is only so many ways you can make a sandwich exciting! I know that they love those little frozen mini bagel bites, but to be honest with you, I think they suck! If you eat them right after you bake them they are great, but if you let them sit at all they get all hard and chewy. Not good at all! So I thought ‘why can’t I make my own’?

So… I bought little mini bagels {and I had English muffins laying around the house}, made a quick and easy pizza sauce, got little mini pepperonis, some pizza blend cheese and I personally like to add some sliced jalapeno for a little kick and extra flavor. Bake at 375* until cheese is bubbly {about 5-8 min}.
Voila! Kids and hubby loved them!

Mini Bagel Pizza Bites

mini bagels or english muffins
pizza sauce {store bought or make your own}
mini pepperonis
mozzarella or pizza blend cheese
any other toppings that you may like

preheat oven to 375*

1. half the bagels/English muffins

2. spread on the pizza sauce.
you may have to use a little more because the bread soaks it up

3. sprinkle on a layer of cheese

4. add pepperonis and any other toppings if you choose

5. place directly on rack and bake for 5 min.
if cheese has not melted all the way bake for 2 more min. and check again.

 minipizza

No comments:

Post a Comment