Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Pizza on a Stick

pizzapops7


My boys new favorite meal is Pizza on a Stick. I first got the idea from Bread in Five, but I tweaked it and tonja-ised it so it was easier to make. And Instead of making my own bread, I have found that it is much easier using Pillsbury’s Rustic French Bread :)

The first step is to roll the dough out on a clean counter and spread and a thin layer of pizza sauce about a half inch from the edges.

pizzapops1

Next sprinkle a layer of cheese and make three lines of pepperonis. It will look similar to below.

pizzapops2

The rolling part I think is the hardest part. You have to be careful not to tear the dough.

pizzapops3

After it is all rolled up and purdy, slice like you would when making cinnamon rolls. *Make sure you are using a sharp knife* My knife was not near sharp enough, so it was a little tricky.

pizzapops4

Lay out on a baking sheet and bake for 20 min at 350*

pizzapops5

Do de do de do de do….. (think Jeopardy them song)

BAM! Pizza rolls!

pizzapops6

Then you place the pizza rolls on a wooden skewer and you get….

Pizza on a Stick!

Pizzapops10
(That is pizza sauce for dipping)

No comments:

Post a Comment