Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

i need of a decorator

The holidays are fast approaching and we will be staying home this year. in light of that, I want to have my family over for Christmas Eve and not have my house looking like a hott mess. The only problem is I need to get it in gear! I am such a procrastinator it’s not even funny.
The first thing people see if they walk in through the front door is the entryway. My teeny tiny entryway.
I painted my door a while back and recently bought a new entry table that I got at Hobby Lobby for $30!
entry10 
My idea is to remove the picture frames from the wall and hang a mirror above the table to make the whole space appear bigger. Here are a few of my favorite ideas...
 entry3 entry1
The next area people see is the living room.
I have rearranged my living room a million times over the past couple of years and the best arrangement for its odd shape is the picture below to the left. It feels a lot more open that way. The bottom right picture shows you the huge wall across the back that I need to find something to do with.
 Living Room A h3
I really need to get that horrible paneling off my walls! Then I am going to paint them the same color as my kitchen :) Bar Harbor Beige. But maybe cut by 50% or so just to make it a little brighter.
IMG_6060 
I really want to replace my cowhide rug with a cute zebra rug :)
I found a couple that are actually pretty affordable.
Other than that I don’t have a clue what I want to do with my living room :(
Why does decorating have to be so hard???
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment