Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Rainy Weather and Garage Sale Finds

Here are my boys...ready for a morning of garage saling. As you can see Jacob already had on his headphones so he could watch Madagascar 2.

Here is what the weather was like this morning. The temp was 33* with a windchill of 23*.

I found this bowl set at an estate sale for a whopping $5. I thought it would be great for a summer fruit salad or the bowls could be used for summer sorbet...

I found this old wooden birdcage at the same estate sale for $5. I thought it would look great in my garden with some flowers in it.

I found this fireplace tool set (the poker is hidden in the back) , log holder and matches at a garage sale...all for $5! I was so excited because I wanted a black set but didn't want to pay an arm and a leg. It is really nice...just needs to be cleaned up.


2 comments:

  1. Wow you got some great finds! I really like the watermelon set, my aunt has one like that from QVC and it was not cheap let me tell you! I also love the birdhouse, how fun! The fireplace stuff will come in handy so it's great that you got all that for a great price, cause who wants to spend a lot on something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great finds! I love bows and fun serving dishes. I am hoping next weekend I can hit some garage sales.

    ReplyDelete