Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Perfect Planner

I spent weeks searching high and low for a ‘mommy planner’ that fit all my needs. But all I found were planners filled with useless things or pages with grocery lists that were just too small for a family of 4.

Being extremely frustrated and needing something to help me map out my days, I sat down with my laptop and created a bunch of spreadsheets in excel. I spent a week tweaking them and making them exactly what I needed. Then decided that I needed a super cute cover for my personalized planner. I chose turquoise and animal prints, just because they are my favorite. I even added my name so I knew it was mine at all times :)

I contemplated just punching holes in the pages and putting them in a 3-ring binder, but I am so glad that I decided against it. Having it spiral bound makes it perfect! I can flip through the pages easily and I take it everywhere. You never know when you are going to need to pencil somethin’ in.

I am so glad that I decided to make my own planner instead of settling for something that I could only use half of. It may have been {a lot} more work, but in the end it was cheaper than any of the others I found and it is exactly what I need.

Planner1

In addition to being spiral bound my planner has a clear front cover and hard black back. Makes it extra sturdy.

Planner1a

I added a .74 cent pencil pouch to hold things like stamps, coupons, receipts, mailbox keys, a picture of me and my love and things I need to be reminded about.

Planner2a

My monthly layout is of the 2 page kind. I added birthdays and places for notes at either the top or bottom on the pages.

Planner3

My daily layout is wonderful! I have spots at the top for my to do’s {laundry, etc…}, dinner plans and misc. things. My day goes from 6:30am to 8:30pm so that I can jot down the things that keep my busy during the day.

Planner4

I have a page for the boys school information that way I always have it on hand when I need it.

Planner5

I also have a page for important medical information. This just makes it a little easier when needing insurance or doctor info in a hurry. Because I can tell you it takes me forever to find that stuff in my purse.

planner6

And lastly in the very back of my planner I have pages for notes, blog ideas and a place to jot down prayer requests as well as several pages for phone numbers.

I am linking up to Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

1 comment: