Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Road of Faith

Have you ever driven down a small country road?

There is just something about them. Something that is beautiful and peaceful.

Country roads are usually less traveled than the main roads. They are usually not the quickest route to your destination, but they are the prettiest and most rewarding. There may even be times when you come to a fork in the road or a road block. {I know this from experience}

This is how I feel about the faith walk that I am on right now. Following God’s plan is not always the quickest route and He may not answer your prayers when you think He should, but God’s route is the prettiest and most rewarding route.

When I think about all the times that I have decided to do things my way instead of following God, I may have arrived at the destination I thought I was supposed to, but it was not at all what God had planned for me. I think it is crazy that so many time I think that my way is so much better than God’s. I must be crazy!

But then there are times when I do make pretty bad decisions, and God uses them to draw me closer to Him and glorify His name. I never thought that something so wonderful could come from something that was at one time so bad.

There are a few things that I have been struggling with lately, and it would be so easy to take matters into my own hands and try to fix them on my own, but why? Why would I take the easy way when I could trust in God’s plan and glorify Him.

I want to live my life for Him!

More importantly I want my children to see me glorifying God!
I want my children to see that if they trust in the Lord, He will bless them.

I now know more than ever that my place in life is on the small, quiet country road.

And so far it is a beautiful and blessed journey!

CR1

CR2

CR3

CR4

CR5

CR6

CR7

No comments:

Post a Comment