Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

First Garden Harvest

I am so excited that I am able to start picking things out of my garden. I feel like it has taken forever to get to this point, and now I can't pick fast enough! My poor tomato plants are so big they are bending the tomato cages, my peppers have so many on them they are leaning, and my herbs are growing like weeds. The picture below was all the tomatoes we picked the other day. I am not sure if I can eat them fast enough... I am going to have to give some to family and friends. But I do have to say that the grape tomatoes were delicious in my pasta dish that I made the other day.



Today I was looking and there were even more tomatoes to be picked and my peppers had sprouted a million new buds so I needed to pick them before they started turning colors. So it looks like I am going to make a batch of chili rellonos in the next day or two. Of course I will have to make mine different to accomodate my diet... but either way they are yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I just love a fresh picked tomato fresh from the garden! Growing up we used to pick them from the garden and eat them on the back porch steps. They didn't even make it inside! We'd sprinkle a little salt on them and eat them like an apple.

    ReplyDelete