Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

Picnic Table Talk: Freedom and Independence


This weeks Picninc Table Talk is all about Freedom and Independence. I am very excited about this one. My dad never served in the armed forces, but he was a police officer for 25 years. He is now serving as a court security officer at the local federal courthouse. But everyday I was thankful my dad went out there and put his life on the line to protect and serve. My grandfather (dads dad) has also served at our police department for the past 50 years! Longest person to ever be there. I am very proud of them! I also have several friends that are in the armed forces and am very thankful that they are fighting for our freedom.

This is Tyler last 4th of July... he looks so tiny!
And here is Jacob with his mohawk. To keep tradition, I am going to get his hair cut either this afternoon or tomorrow morning :)

This Fourth of July is kinda busy. Tonight we are going out with my family for my grandfathers 74th birthday. And then tomorrow night we are having my brother and sister inlaw over for hamburgers. The kids are going to play in the water and we are going to whip up some margaritas and enjoy the night.
I am currently working with Jacob on being independent. The most important things i do now are: making bed, helping pick out clothes, picking up toys, putting our plate in the sink after we eat, getting ready for bed... and the best part is Tyler is picking up in a few things and doing them too!
I hope you all have a happy and safe Fourth of July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment