Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Picnic Table Talk: Vacations

This weeks theme for Picnic Table Talk at ABC & 123 was vacations: favorite places to go, where you'd like to go, what your plans for this summer are, or anything else vacation related. And since I am behind again I am posting it today. I am very happy to see that this is the topic becuase we will be leaving for Oklahoma in few days.

I don't get to vacation all that much and all but one of them was a family vacation. We go to Oklahoma atleast 4 times a year since my in laws live there. Other than that we really dont go anywhere else. This summer we really dont have any plans except to visit family. I would like to take the kids to the Ft. Worth Zoo, but I am not sure if we will make it this summer with our crazy schedules.

The best thing about our trip north is that we get to see family that we don't get to see that often. One of Michael's sisters lives in Missouri and meets us in OKC when we visit. They has 2 girls that are around the same age as the boys so it is fun to see them together.

We also like to do fun things as a family. Last year when we were there we all went to pick peaches at a local orchard. It was a blast and we picked over 40 lbs of peaches! When we all got home we were able to make peach pie, peach jam, freezer jam, peahces to go on ice cream... you name it we were able to make it.

My one vacation that I didn't have children on was my Mother's Day 2008 Cruise. We went on a 7 day caribbean cruise! It was the funnest vacation to date. We left out of Galveston and docked in Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We went with some friends and split the cost and it was actually quite affordable. I will say that you can get out of hand on your spending if you are not careful. But the scenery is beautiful!! I would highly reccomend a cruise vacation... sans the kids. Unless they are old enough to enjoy it, it is not worth the several hundred dollars.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting!

    Everyone loves going to a vacation. It is a good activity or bonding with family and friends. It is very to check on the things you need to bring. Start with the most useful like clothes, toiletries and stuff you need. Select a vacation bag that is comfortable for your belongings and also comfortable for you to bring.

    ReplyDelete